Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane ... *GULP*

The moment has arrived ... we are leaving tomorrow morning to bring Julia home!!!! A huge WooHoo for bringing home my daughter .... a huge oh-no for having to travel on a plane.

Yes, I am afraid to fly. Not just afraid, more like mortally terrified. Whenever I fly, it usually starts with panic at boarding, followed by outright crying during takeoff. Hours of white knuckling the armrests with the joy of being so paralized by fear I can't even get up to walk to the bathroom. Yes folks, I flew all the way to Russia once and not once did I even get up to pee.

This time I have to take care of another human being while in this lovely mental state. I believe Charlie Brown said it best ... "Good Grief"

Wish me luck ... and if the worst happens, this post will be horribly ironic. Please make sure it makes it's way around the internet in proper urban legend form. :)

Next post will be from Beijing! (hopefully!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you! Wish I was going with you! Can't wait to see all of your posts as you get your beautiful daughter. Take care and can't wait for next post! Cortney

epin said...

Have a safe trip. I can't wait to follow your journey. I am so excited for you and your family. Epin

Anonymous said...

Watch out for low flying dragons! I'm having a surprise visit from the other Julia this weekend - (Ursula & Luis visiting from Chicago) and I just realized she's very close in age to your Julia! Ack! The cuteness! Thinking of you - I'll be checking out China info so I feel like I'm there too. ^_^ Love and luck,
Ana

ILoveMartinGore said...

Are you there yet? What are you up to over there?? Did you meet your little Julia yet?